Thoughts are like skipping stones on a quiet lake. If you don't write them down ...kerplunk.

Monday, September 27, 2010

If I were king!

There was a time in the early 70's some of my closest friends called me "The Burger King".
Certainly not for any regal qualities that I possessed, but for my love of hamburgers.
I worked for Jim Miller Studios in Hollywood.
He photographed those HUGE burgers on the billboards all over town.
After each photo shoot I would take home a case of patties, a case of buns, cheese, pickles, relish, onions, and all the secret sauce.
I would always grill burgers when I could get anyone to come for a meal.
I WAS the burger king.
For years since, much to the chagrin of my family, I would exclaim
"Things will be different, when I am king!"
If I really had the royal authority to rule over others lives... look out!
I decree, NO boom-boxes and no RAP music for that matter.
Car alarms would be outlawed across the land.
Noisy car and loud motorcycle owners, DEAD!
Their mothers and their mechanics... DEAD!
You get the picture.
Well I am only KING in my own little world...
and there is enough trouble involved with that.